Privacy & Legal Policies
Legal 'Stuff' we have to show you.
As Physiotherapists we are bound by the code of ethics laid down by The Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand, our governing body, which is charged to oversee the Physiotherapy profession in New Zealand under the Health Professionals Competence Assurance Act (2003).
Your rights as a consumer of our service
We aim to ensure that Consumers are able to exercise the rights given to them by the Health and Disability Commissioner’s Code of Rights and other rights given by law.
Consumers rights information will be easily available for all consumers so that consumers and all staff understand the Health and Disability Commissioner’s Code of Rights and the importance of them. Physio4Health Ltd will treat all Consumers equally and with a strong sense of empathy, dignity and regard to individual rights needs and wishes without discriminating against race, religious or sexual beliefs.
The service provided by Physio4Health Ltd is subject to several legislative requirements. Physio4Health Ltd, all of its officers, employed staff and contracted and locum staff are required to know of Physio4Health Ltd's intentions to work within the law.
Some of the Acts, Regulations and Codes that we have to work within are as follows (Please note, this is not an exhaustive list):
- Consumer Guarantees Act (1993)
- Commerce Act (1986)
- Fair Trading Act (1986)
- Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001
- Health and Disability Commissioner Act 1994
- Health and Safety in Employment Act (1992)
- Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003
- Human Rights Act (1993)
- Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2001
- Privacy Act 1993
- Fire Safety and Evacuation of Buildings Regulations 2006
- Health and Disability Commissioner (Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers Rights) Regulations 1996
- Health (Retention of Health Information) Regulations 1996
- Health and Disability Commissioner (Code of Health and Disability services consumers' rights) Regulations (1996)
- Health Information Privacy Code (1994)
- Code of Ethics (2003 Guidelines)
- Standards: (this is the one we are accredited against.)
- Standards New Zealand SNZ 8171:2005
- Allied Health Services Sector Standard